We often talk about the benefits of telework or working virtually as something for large organizations. However, entrepreneurs and small businesses can reap huge rewards as well by thinking virtual. Here are a list of virtual resources that can help organizations of any size.
- Elance.com: You can use this site to hire and manage people from marketing folks to web designers to writers to researchers. Think of it as your virtual HR department.
- BaseCamphq.com: Offers online project management and collaboration tools. Prices range from $59 to $149 per month.
- Dropbox.com: Dropbox is a popular file storage and management site. Great for collaboration with dispersed team members.
- Evernote.com: Collect and store notes, documents, images, links, etc. and share them with your team. Download and try it for free. The “premium” version, which provides larger storage capacity and more functionality, is available for $45 a year.
- eVoice.com: Provides virtual phone numbers, call routing, and conference calling to name a few of the services offered by eVoice. Plans range from $12.95 to $29.95 per month.
- Grasshopper.com: Similar to eVoice, Grasshopper is a virtual phone system. Plans start at $9.95 per month.
- GoToMyPC.com: Allows remote access to a designated computer. Very useful for road warriors and others that travel frequently and need access to a base hard drive. Prices start at $9.95 per month.
- HootSuite.com: Helps manage your social networks. Push a message through to your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts with one mouse click, manage followers, or track your social networks in one dashboard. Basic service is free and the Pro version is $5.99 a month.
- NameCheap.com: Register domain names or get web hosting. As the name implies, prices are dirt cheap.
- oDesk.com: Remote staffing site. Find professionals and track the time they work through oDesk’s Work Diary. Free to sign up and post jobs – you pay 10% of your advertised rate to oDesk.
- Printingforless.com: The name says it all. From stationary to brochures to flyers and postcards, this site can print just about anything.
- RescueTime.com: Site dedicated to your productivity, offering time tracking tools. Can also use it to track team productivity as well. Prices start at $6 per month.
- SurveyMonkey.com: Very popular site for sending out surveys. Basic service is free.
- VistaPrint.com: Similar to Printingforless.com, you can get all your printing needs met on this site.
- Zommerang.com: Survey tool similar to SurveyMonkey. Basic service is free.
Do you a favorite site to add to the list? Please share!